Rome, ITALY

Hello beautiful people !
Before I begin telling you the story of the first stop of my trip to Italy, let me address something.
When I first started this Blog, I wanted it to be all about Morocco and my trips in Morocco. But with time and with all your requests on my social media, I decided to start making the articles you want to see such as my Skin-care routine and my travels abroad. With that being said,

I actually went to Italy last summer.. So, a year later, here is a " new " adventure and a new discovery on my Blog, abroad this time :)


Rome was one of my dream destinations for as far as i can remember. I have always been an old soul and always loved historical monuments that takes you back to an era and tells their own stories. So you can imagine how much the oldest city in the world have always fascinated me !
We actually arrived by night, and as tired as we were, that didn't stop us from dumping our luggage at the hotel and going out to discover the city..

We went straight to the coliseum but unfortunatly it was closed, so we strolled around a little and my god everywhere we looked was a stunning and gigantic monument beauuutifully enlightened..




We took our time to just admire the beauty of the Coliseum and the Arco Di Costantino located next to it ( pictures on top ), we then walked away to discover more and we ended up in Piazza Venezia to find the marvelous Vittoriano monument which is so huge that my camera couldn't fit the entire thing in a picture !




Next morning we put on some comfy sneakers because we knew we had a looong day ahead of us and some walking to do ! We took our breakfast ( by the way we stayed at the Welcome Piram Hotel which is very well located ) and went our way for new discoveries..

Castel Saint-Angelo ( Château Saint-Ange ), Basilica di San Pietro in Vaticano, Fontana di Trevi and Piazza di Spagna.. were all on our list and luckily we covered everything and crossed so many stunning monuments from our list :D !







The Fountain of Trevi was soooo crowded that it made it impossible to take a decent picture ! I was sooo pissed off because it was THE place I was most excited to see for soo many years ! I however I was so happy to finally see with wide eyes the dazzling Fountain and I ended up realising a little dream of mine by throwing a coin in the fountain of wishes, making mine..




This picture though is hilarious ! It's like all the tourists conspired to have the same exact dress-code :D So I was blending in quite well too ^^

Then we continued walking around without any specific direction, looking for a place to eat some lunch and before that, to taste the notorious GELATO !
Everywhere we looked was BEAUTIFUL ! The pretty little alleys blew my mind away, the details the general beauty and energy of the city was so charming.. and let me tell ya, i probably ate the equivalent of 20kg of Gelato that day.. !





After that, we were so tired that we couldn't feel our legs anymore so we went back to the Hotel for a power nap, an outfit change, and then took the coolest Uber with the coolest playlist to the Coliseum again to see it in daylight, but we wasn't lucky enough it was past 6pm and it was once again.. Closed ! It was the second frustrating thing of the day after the Fountain of Trevi because i wanted to see it from inside so bad..


With no plans this time, we just started walking around again by sunset time to discover the surroundings and ended up finding the cutest little church






And then I came up with the idea of going back to the Fountain of Trevi by night to take the iconic picture thinking that it wouldn't be as crowded as in the morning but little did I know.. So I just sat there amongst the crowd and just contemplated the beauty of it, being so gratefull for this trip and for all what travelling makes me feel..



We only had two days planned in Rome so we couldn't see everything. And from my experience, there are two things I would like to recommend to you.. First, don't plan your trip to Rome in July nor August to avoid the insane amount of tourists and the heat ! Two, plan 4 days or plus at least to properly see all what's there to be seen !


It was definitly a magnificent city to discover and a beautiful experience to live. The next day our flight for another beautiful italian destination was waiting for us..


xo, Moroccan Road Tripper









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Villas Fleurs Marrakech, Morocco

Tagadert Lodge, Oumnas, Maroc

Dakhla, Morocco

DAR TANJA Guest House, Tangier, Morocco

Imsouane, Morocco

Ouarzazate, Morocco